Might be a little premature to post this now, but school is starting everywhere and the weather has gotten cooler, so whatever.
New season will be on us in a little more than a month and before my colleagues start posting their own thoughts about what they’re looking forward to come Fall, I thought I’d throw my hat into the ring early. So without further ado, here’s what I’m looking forward to in regards to Fall’s output, along with short descriptions:
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens – It’s Star Wars.
- The Hateful Eight – Tarantino is a man after my own heart.
- Spectre – Can’t think of many people who don’t go see Bond movies willingly.
- Star Fox: Zero – Let’s if this Nintendo IP can actually become relevant again.
- Xenoblade Chronicles X – Yes, it’s because of Smash Bros that I’m actually paying attention to this franchise.
- Just Cause 3 – So I heard they’re adding a glide cheat that just like the hookshot and parachutes, is always on.
- Marvel’s Jessica Jones – Daredevil was the best new show to come out this year, so I’m looking forward to seeing if Jessica Jones can coast off its success.
- The Peanuts Movie – Pessimistic but curious about this.
- Crimson Peak – F*ck Goosebumps. This is the October horror film people should be paying attention to.
- Persona 5 – Excuse me, I need to change my pants.
Five minutes later…
All in all, an interesting bunch. Gonna have to strain my wallet obviously, but it’s not like all these things come out at once. And if the reviews are bad, I just won’t bother with Star Fox: Zero. That said, the Wii U is in desperate need of more good games, so I hope that it succeeds…
Oh wait, you guys wanted me to cover the anime coming out in Fall? Well truth be told, I might be taking a break from watching airing anime next season – bar Ushio and Tora since I’m already watching it now and there’s no point in putting a hiatus on it, and Lupin assuming its Italian airing gets subbed timely. Whilst keeping up with so many airing shows like I have this season has been fun in its own way, it’s been getting in the way of other things reality-wise and even blog-wise (cough Porno Watch cough). Hell, even my own health has started to get affected a bit. Granted, me getting back into the video game scene might be a bigger contributor to that problem, but let’s pretend that’s not true, shall we?
Now, this isn’t going to affect the blog’s output in any way, especially since I don’t really write about currently airing anime anymore. In fact, I’m hoping to increase said output with this break (namely, blogging more hentai). I’m still going to review something every week, and since I’m about to finish a large number of shows this season, I’ll have plenty of anime to write about. Throw in all the other things I review, particularly the non-anime things I said I was interested in above, and you don’t have to worry about me going anywhere. Standing On My Neck is here to stay, although it would help if you could aid me in keeping it alive, so here’s an obvious Patreon plug.
As for when I’ll watch next season’s anime, I want to say over Christmas break, but I need to look at stuff for my Twelve Days and end-of-year posts, so I’ll try to get to them by at least the Thanksgiving holidays. Unless Persona 5 gets released around then I mean.
So those are my plans for the Fall season. Out of curiosity, what are yours?
PS: Here are the actual anime airing next season that caught my eye (although I’m not necessarily going to watch them) after browsing MAL’s seasonal chart, which has pretty much made all season previews I read and could possibly write useless by this point:
- Concrete Revolutio – Oh Bones, why do you keep taking good premises and making them a chore to sit through?
- Kagewani – Can’t find any information on this, which is generally a good thing in my book.
- Kowabon – I’m always up for experimental horror.
- Seraph of the End 2 – Just keep digging your grave, Wit.
- K 2 – I guess the fujoshi will be happy.
- Subete ga F ni Naru – A-1’s constant failures to produce anything worthwhile for the noitamina block (and in general) will never stop being fun to mock.
- Noragami Arigato – Got to keep up with all the cool kids. Unless it’s Monogatari I mean.
- Owarimonogatari – Fuck. No.
- One Punch Man – The trailer made me chuckle and I’ll always look at the popular stuff provided it belongs to a genre I’m interested in.
- A Corpse is Buried Under Sakurako’s Feet – It’s a LN adaptation by a studio I’ve never heard of before, but the premise appeals to me, so it looks like it’ll be worth reviewing.
- Attack on Titan: Junior High – ????
- All Of Silver Link’s Output aka LN adaptations – Why does Silver Link still exist? I mean, besides the obvious reasons.
- Garo 2 – …Okay, I really need to go to the dry-cleaners.