Got to updating my top anime list.
Been a while since I’ve updated it, hasn’t it? Well of course it has, because I think I’ve settled into my hobbies to a point where I’m comfortable with the format/choices and don’t frequently update it anymore. Honestly, I kind of wish I could go back in time and utilize a different format for it. But it’s the most viewed thing on the site, and I really don’t want to throw away such a crowd-pleaser (nor a source of income thanks to Amazon), so the current format is here to stay.
– Anyways, here’s what got on: 5 Centimeters Per Second, Akira, Princess Mononoke, Psycho-Pass, Serial Experiments Lain, Space Dandy, Terror in Resonance, Texhnolyze, and Un-Go.
– In order to add those choices, these anime had to get booted off: Baccano!, Detroit Metal City, Ghost in the Shell, Magic User’s Club, Milky Holmes, My Neighbor Totoro, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, School Rumble, and Soremachi.
– Most of the stuff I added are old anime that I revisited over time and came to appreciate even more upon rewatching them due to my tastes swinging more towards the intellectual (in a way) this year. The new additions to the list that were motivated by seeing them in 2014 for the first time are Space Dandy, Terror in Resonance, and (technically, because I rewatched the first season and am factoring the second season into account) Psycho-Pass. Wanted to put Garo in, but I need to wait until it finishes first before I can really consider it for the list.
– Most of the stuff I removed are anime comedies because I’ve fallen out massively with “anime humor” over the year and thus don’t feel that compelled to rewatch them in the future, even though I’m sure Soremachi and School Rumble would still hold up well if I saw them now. The only anime comedies I really felt compelled to go back to in the future when I browsed my previous list was Air Master (sorta counts), Astro Fighter Sunred, Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, Great Teacher Onizuka, Popee the Performer, Ranma 1/2, and Urusei Yatsura. And Teekyu, but it didn’t make the cut. Maybe when the fourth season airs…
– If people asked why I removed Baccano!, it’s because I just don’t feel any urge to rewatch it in the future. Probably because I saw it so many times back when I first bought the DVDs to the point I kinda burnt out on it.
– Descriptions have also been shorted to one sentence each because I felt like it.
– Also updated my top movie list as well. Added detailed descriptions, rankings, and Dog Day Afternoon to the thing. Enjoy.