This is what qualifies for dialogue in this show.
What I Liked:
- The opening and ending songs were alright.
- I liked the style. Hand-drawn animation is something I have a soft spot for, and the whole thing was pretty lively overall.
What I Disliked:
- Pretty much everything else. Especially the dialogue. Holy shit, can someone please tell
himTomino that stating the obvious in the most random of moments is neither funny nor engaging unless you have a terrible English dub to go with it?
- Why did I give this the benefit of the doubt? It’s Gundam. And Tomino. I respect the guy’s commitment to using that retro, hand-drawn style of animation in this day and age, but he brought everything that annoys me about him along for the ride, and I have no patience for sitting through another King Gainer, let alone when it’s attached to a mecha series I have shown nothing but disdain for ever since I found out it was attached to a genre that made me stop looking forward to Kathryn Bigelow films.
- I know a lot of you guys love that about his stuff though, so I don’t think fans of the man should be disappointed by what he’s doing here. You don’t need me to join you in the praise though. Peace.
PS: I was going to screencap the “this world is not square” line, but considering everyone else has already made fun of it by this point (and I can’t seem to remember when it occurs in the first episode), I don’t think I need to add to that fire.