Updated that there top anime list last night. It’s now back to 50 anime. Why? Management problems mostly. As I was constructing my new top 100, I realized that A) I wanted to change the list as fast as possible because it seemed a bit outdated to me B) Whilst I love everything on my top 100, over the months since I’ve had it, I realized there’s a bit of a divide between the top 50 anime and my bottom 50. The top 50 are basically anime that really make me a fan whilst the bottom is more like extra incentive that keeps me a fan. Okay yes, there’s a bunch of stuff that I score a 9 in the bottom half, but details details.
So that’s the announcement. Let’s end on a few notes.
- Anime that slid into the bottom 50: Turning Girls, Clannad: The Motion Picture, Haibane Renmei, Infinite Ryvius, Tokyo Godfathers, Le Maison en Petit Cubes (edit: Oh yeah, Genshiken also slid into the bottom half)
- New top 50 additions: On Your Mark (yeah, finally decided to include it), Kemonozume, X (I think), Space Adventure Cobra and Ranma (which got the biggest jump)
- Descriptions and most of the images are different. Decided they needed updating too.
- Despite being half as long, the list is still split into ten pages with five anime on each page. Yeah, I’m that evil.
- Nothing that came from last year got on the top 50. I didn’t score anything above an 8 (and if I did, they’re “now” 8s) from 2013. Objective proof that 2013 was one of the weaker years for anime.
- The upcoming bottom 50 will be on a separate post and will not come right away, partly because I’m revisiting some old titles to see if they still hold up at the moment, and partly because these lists take a long-ass time to do.
- That’s pretty much it. Happy April Fools Day guys.